Fennel and fennel seeds provide important nutrients, such as vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and manganese. 7 ways fennel can improve your health:
1. Helps in indigestion, just by chewing on some fennel seeds, you can actually avoid indigestion. Also, as high in fiber it helps to cure constipation problems too.
2. It is packed with fiber, potassium, magnesium, and calcium all of which are essential to heart health. Hence, it’s good for heart health.
3. It has anti-bacterial and anti-oxidant properties which help you to reduce your acne.
4. They have a good source of Vitamin C which helps to prevent damage caused by the sun and pollution to skin.
5. Consumption of fennel seeds can reduce water retention problems and reduces the risk of urinary tract problems. Also, it helps in reducing menstrual pains and cramps.
6. It helps control heart rate and blood pressure as it has a good source of potassium in it.
7. Fennel seeds have essential oils and fiber that are considered useful in flushing out toxins from our bodies and purifying the blood.
Remember, eating in moderation is key to good health. Try incorporating it into your salads, soups, drinks, baked goods, etc.
Author: Dr. Prabha Acharya, Co-founder Of Global Homeopathy