https://globalhomeopathy.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/exam-phobia.jpg 308 550 admin http://globalhomeopathy.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/global-logo1.png admin2019-02-06 11:00:182019-02-06 11:01:14All Gods Come Alive Just Before Exams……. Exam Phobia??
All Gods Come Alive Just Before Exams……. Exam Phobia??
Students of all age groups do undergo exam anxiety and have ‘exam phobia’ when it’s round the corner. Some do take it easy while some cannot.
- Sleepless nights, etc.
- Pressure of parents on children for good grades.
- Low self esteem or confidence in a child.
- Poor scores in previous exams.
- Lack of revisions and preparations for the exams.
- Competition from peers, etc.
Exam Phobia Management Tips:
- Manage your time properly. Start planning it well before the exams begin. Don’t leave revision to the last minute.
- Always ask for help if there are things you don’t understand, and especially if you are feeling, stressed out.
- Prepare everything the night before, check that you have packed your bag with everything you will need – extra pens, water, tissues and so on. On the morning of the exam, tension can make you forget something important.
- Think positive and stay focused.
- Eat light meals during exam as you should feel light and not heavy during writing for the exam. Avoid all oily and fried food. Hence avoid all junk, sugary and processed food.
- Eat proper meals regularly. Do not skip any meal or breakfast during exam time. Skipping doesn’t solve your any problem. In fact skipping meals, is going to deprive your brain of vital nutrients. Hence, you need to take proper intake of all required nutrients which will helps you to focus well in exams.
- Instead of waiting until the last minute, start studying as soon as a test is scheduled.
- Take breaks while studying for 10mins every 2 hourly. This will rest your brain and you can come back to your studies refreshed and ready to continue.
- Make sure you are able to shell out some time for exercise, aerobics, walking, cycling, yoga, swimming, dancing – anything to get rid of the stress in your body.
- Sleep well. Sleep deprivation is another cause of anxiety. Sleep for atleast 8 hourly at night. This will ensure that your brain has been properly rested and you can start studying with a fresh mind.
- Tips for parents: Parents could play a vital role by showing a lot of faith and confidence on their youngsters. Supporting your child plays a major role in helping your child overcome the exam fear and never compare his achievements with others; this will hurt a child’s self esteem.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!