Symptoms: running nose, fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath and in more severe cases; infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
Tips for Prevention:
- Wash your hands very frequently. At least for 20 seconds wash hands with soap and water. If in a hurry then can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay at home and take rest when you are sick.
- Cover your cough/ sneeze with a tissue, then throw the used tissue in the trash.
- Avoid eating raw or under-cooked animal products like eggs, chicken, milk, etc.
- Keep your immune system strong by getting enough quality sleep at night, stay hydrated, minimize overly processed foods and get enough micro-nutrients in your diet.
Author: Dr. Prabha Acharya, Co-founder Of Global Homeopathy