Causes of mouth ulcers:
- Lack of vitamins like vitamin B12, folic acid and iron.
- A sharp tooth or accidental biting of the inside of your cheek.
- Eating hard food items that may cause friction.
- Stress and anxiety in daily life.
- Smoking, etc.
Mouth ulcers need time to heal and there is no quick fix. Avoiding things that irritate your mouth ulcer should help: speed up the healing process, reduce pain and reduce the chance of it returning. Tips:
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Rinse mouth with salt water.
- Visit doctor.
- Prefer eating soft food/ diet.
- Prefer eating bland soft food like moong dal,idli, upma, soft vegetables including leafy vegetables and fruits.
- Sleep well.
- Stay active and exercise daily.
- Avoid stress. Try yoga. Yoga can help to relief stress.
- Avoid eating rough, crunchy food.
- Avoid hot, acidic, hard, sharp, salty and spicy foods which aggravate the mouth ulcer.
- Avoid smoking and avoid drinking alcohol.
- Apply ghee to the ulcers.
- Have fluids like buttermilk and fresh coconut water to improve digestion and help with healing.
- Chew tulsi leaves, their natural anti-inflammatory properties help healing.