https://globalhomeopathy.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/5b287d056e922d91868cffc5d1d6354051b54f19.jpg 308 550 admin http://globalhomeopathy.in/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/global-logo1.png admin2018-05-03 07:38:162018-05-03 07:38:16Say “Goodbye” to Acne!
Say “Goodbye” to Acne!
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. Acne pimples vary in size, colour, and level of pain.
The following types are possible:
- Whiteheads: These remain under the skin and are small·
- Blackheads: Clearly visible, they are black and appear on the surface of the skin·
- Papules: Small, usually pink bumps, these are visible on the surface of the skin·
- Pustules: Clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are red at their base and have pus at the top·
- Nodules: Clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are large, solid, painful pimples that are embedded deep in the skin·
- Cysts: Clearly visible on the surface of the skin. They are painful and filled with pus. Cysts can cause scars.
Prevention and management tips:
- Drink plenty of water.Water flushes toxins out of your body and also improves circulation, both of which are helpful in the fight against acne.
- Plan Anti-Acne Diet: include healthy fats i.e omega 3 fats (fatty fish/ olive oil/ flax seeds, walnuts etc), vitamin A (carrots/ dark green vegetables, etc) and Vitamin C (oranges/ kiwi/ etc) in your diet.
- Avoid fried, processed and junk food.
- Prefer baking/ grilling/ boiling method for cooking instead of deep frying.
- Limit the salt intake in the diet.
- Avoid refined products, oily/ fried, sugary, junk and processed food.
- Choose complex carbohydrates (like whole grains, oats, and brown rice), lean protein and low-fat products in your diet.
- Drink Green Tea once/ twice a day.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise promotes healthy blood circulation. The increase in blood flow helps nourish the skin cells, which may help prevent and heal acne.
- Wash your face no more than twice each day with water.
- Shampoo regularly, if you have oily hair.
- Let your skin heal naturally. If you pick, pop or squeeze your acne, your skin will take longer to clear and you increase the risk of getting acne scars.
- Keep your hands off your face. Touching your skin throughout the day can cause flare-ups.
- Do not burst the pimples, as this may push the infection further down, causing more blocking, swelling, and redness.
- Wash hands frequently, especially before applying lotions, creams, or makeup·
- If acne is on the back, shoulders, or chest, try wearing loose clothing to let the skin breathe.
- Choose makeup for sensitive skin and avoid oil-based products. Remove makeup before sleeping.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, as it can cause the skin to produce more sebum.
- Sleep well. Sleep deprivation and stress can cause hormonal changes, which in turn make your face more susceptible to breakouts.
- Avoid stress, as it can increase production of cortisol and adrenaline, which exacerbate acne.
Go out and flaunt your face with confidence and show the world the real you!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!