A balanced diet of protein, vitamins, and minerals is the best way to get all the nutrients needed for a healthy body, skin, and hair.
Tips for healthy and stronger hair:
1) Drink plenty of water. Drinking enough water can also help you get rid of dandruff and hair thinning problems, etc.
2) Include complex carbs in the diet like brown rice, whole grains, oats in the diet as they are a good source of B complex vitamins that are vital to healthy hair.
3) Include protein-rich food in diet like lean chicken, egg, sprouts, milk, yogurt, fish, etc as Protein provides strength to the shaft of the hair and reduces chances of hair fall by snapping and splitting.
4) Include iron-rich food in the diet. When iron levels fall below a certain point, you may experience anemia. This disrupts the nutrient supply to the follicle, affecting the hair growth cycle and may result in shedding. Iron-rich sources are red meat, chicken, dark green leafy vegetables, egg, nuts, etc. Vitamin C aids the absorption of iron so foods high in vitamin C are good to eat with iron-rich foods. Vitamin C food sources are guava, blueberries, kiwi fruits, oranges, papaya, broccoli, etc.
5) Include oily fish such as salmon, herring, sardines, trout, and mackerel and plant sources including pumpkin seeds, walnuts, flax seeds, etc in the diet as omega 3 not only helps prevent hair loss and breakage but encourages healthy, lush hair and the growth of new hair.
6) Include orange/yellow colored vegetables which are high in beta-carotene (which makes vitamin A) such as carrots, sweet potatoes in the diet as Vitamin A prevents dull scalp and prevents itching in the scalp.
7) Zinc and selenium are important for healthy hair. A lack of zinc can lead to hair loss and a dry, flaky scalp. Fortified cereals and wholegrain, egg, pumpkin seeds, etc are a good source of zinc.
8) Exercise regularly. As it will ensure that there is proper blood flow to your scalp and will help in the growth of hair.
9) Sleep well.
10) Avoid taking stress.
11) Avoid sugary and processed food.
12) Limit salt intake.
13) Don’t smoke and avoid drinking alcohol.