Most people thinks that their extra abdominal fat is simply ugly, is covering up their abs from being visible, and makes them self conscious about showing off their body.
Well, what most people don’t realize is that excess abdominal fat in particular, is not only ugly, but is also a dangerous risk factor to your health.
The trouble with belly fat is that it’s not limited to the extra layer of padding located just below the skin (subcutaneous fat). It also includes visceral fat which lies deep inside your abdomen, surrounding your internal organs.Excess visceral fat can cause serious health problems.
Although subcutaneous fat poses cosmetic concerns, visceral fat is linked with far more dangerous health problems, e.g heart disease, type 2 diabetes, etc.
Reasons that make you gain belly fat: inactivity, alcohol, eating too much of sugary, processed, fried, junk food, stress, etc.
Physical activity and what you eat matters; a proper diet is a must if you want to stay away from abdominal obesity.
Tips to prevent from dangerous belly fat:
- Drink plenty of water. This will prevent water retention and will help to flush out any toxins from your body.
- Eat small frequent meals and don’t speak any meal.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Prefer steam, grill, boiling, or baking method for cooking.
- Include complex carbs in diet like oats, brown rice, whole grains and avoid all simple carbs like white rice, white bread and refined flours.
- Include protein in each meal e.g low fat dairy yogurts, lean chicken, fish, eggs, sprouts, etc.
- Consume healthy fats in diet like omega 3 fats. E.g fish, walnuts, flax seeds, olive oil etc.
- Include fat burning food in diet like garlic, onion, ginger, cabbage, tomato, and spices like cinnamon.
- Drink 1 or 2 cups of green tea daily. The antioxidants in it aid the fat and calorie-burning process·
- Lead an active lifestyle hence exercise daily.
- Be Stress-Free and more relaxed·
- Sleep well. Adequate sleep is very important for weight management.
- Avoid eating sugary, processed, and fried and junk food.
- Limit the salt intake.
- Stop drinking fruit juices instead consume a whole fruit.
- Don’t smoke·
- Avoid alcohol.