You all know exercise is good for you. It keeps your weight in check, makes you stronger, and keeps you feeling youthful, etc.
But did you know that exercise can also make you a happier person? It’s true. When you work out and stay active on a regular basis, it’s not just a coincidence that you feel less stressed out, less anxious, and generally happier.
Being as active as possible provides a whole host of benefits. Exercising regularly benefits:
- Increases energy levels.
- Improves your muscular and cardio-respiratory fitness.
- Is an excellent de-stressor.
- Enhances immune system.
- Improves your bone health.
- Improves sleeping patterns.
- Reduces your risk of high blood pressure (hypertension), coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, etc.
- Helps manage your weight and reduces your risk of becoming obese.
- Reduces anxiety and depression, and helps prevent mental health problems.
- It has anti-ageing effects.
- Improves oxygen and nutrient supply to all cells in your body.
- Boosts your mood and well-being.