They make a great snack or a healthy breakfast topping.
Here are great reasons why to include them:
- Berries are packed with antioxidants, which may help decrease wrinkling and other signs of skin aging related to sun exposure.
- Berries can help you lose weight. Berries are low in calories and that means you can load up on them without packing on the pounds. Instead of grabbing the potato chips, grab yourself some berries.
- Berries can help manage and prevent diabetes. The nutrients in berries help to prevent type 2 diabetes and they are also really good for people who already have diabetes. The high fiber content and their ability to be sweet without having a lot of actual sugar, they are perfect for diabetics looking for a sweet treat.
- Cranberries can help urinary tract infections. Drinking cranberry juice can help you get over urinary tract infections thanks to their nutrients and the ability to flush out harmful agents that can cause infection.
- All berries can help prevent heart disease. For each piece of fat-free, cholesterol-free, nutrient-packed berry you eat, that’s one step further away from heart disease you’ll come.
- Berries may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease. The polyphenolics found in many berries help clean out the built-up toxins in the brain that are a contributing factor in Alzheimer’s disease.
They are healthy for you and they taste great !!
Author: Dr. Prabha Acharya, Co-founder Of Global Homeopathy