When we pack our diet with vibrant foods loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, water, and essential nutrients, our body will show its appreciation through its largest organ: our skin. True that! When you eat well and enrich your body with nutrients, it shows on your face.
8 Food That Reverses Skin Aging:
1) Choose good quality carbs, lean protein and healthy fats in your diet. Consuming lots of sugar and other refined carbohydrates lead to premature skin aging. Hence, choose complex carbs like whole wheat, oats, brown rice, etc. Choose lean protein like lean chicken, fish, skimmed milk, low-fat yogurt, sprouts, nuts, etc. And healthy fats like omega-3 e.g. walnuts, olive oil, fish, flax seeds, etc.
2) Spinach is a great source of beta-carotene, which protects your skin from sun damage, and lutein, which helps skin maintain its elasticity.
3) Include tomatoes in your diet. It helps to ward off UV-induced damage like wrinkles, and as it contains lycopene, the pigment that gives them their rich red color. And cooked tomatoes are good for your skin, too.
4) Pomegranate packed with vitamin C, which helps guard against the wrinkling effects of sun damage.
5) Blueberries are rich in flavonoids such as myricetin, quercetin, and kaempferol. These are rich sources of vitamins C and K and other nutrients that have an anti-aging effect and prevent cell damage.
6) Pineapple turns out to be one of the best anti-aging foods out there, containing generous amounts of key nutrients like fiber, magnesium, vitamin B, testosterone, vitamin C, and phosphorous, that all work together to support the heart, brain, immune system, colon, lungs, and bones.
7) Vitamin C protects your skin against pollution and other environmental effects, boosts collagen production, and exhibits antioxidant properties. Sources: citrus fruits, broccoli, bell peppers, etc.
8) Turmeric has anti-aging properties. Turmeric contains curcumin that can slow down oxidative damage and low-grade inflammation that contributes to aging.
The more colors you can fit on your plate, the better!
Author: Dr. Prabha Acharya, Co-founder Of Global Homeopathy