Oats – Your Daily Breakfast Friend!
Oats are also included in baked goods, muesli, granola, bread. Also, you can also add oats to pancakes, make an oats smoothie, etc.
Oats are loaded with important vitamins, minerals, and antioxidant which contains thiamine, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, selenium, and iron. Few benefits of including oats in your diet:
- Oats helps to prevent cardiovascular disease. The antioxidants present in oats are beneficial for heart disease and the dietary fibers help lower the bad cholesterol (LDL) without affecting the good cholesterol (HDL).
- Oats can keep you feeling fuller longer, thereby helping you control your weight. It does this by slowing down the emptying of the stomach and increasing the production of the satiety hormone PYY.
- Oats are a rich source of fiber, both soluble and insoluble, which helps in regulating bowel movements and hence prevents constipation.
- Oats are high in the soluble fiber beta-glucan, which has numerous benefits. It helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
- It helps to control blood sugar levels. As oats have a low glycemic index, and their high fiber content helps regulate blood sugar levels. Also, oats, being rich in fiber, are digested slowly.
Oats are good choice to incorporate into any healthy diet. From increasing metabolism to increase cardiovascular health, oat is a super-food!
Author: Dr. Prabha Acharya, Co-founder Of Global Homeopathy
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!