My Heart Beeeeets for You!
Beetroot is a package with vitamins and minerals like iron, fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, etc. Also, beetroot is fat-free, cholesterol-free, low in sodium, and high in fiber.
7 Health Benefits of Beetroot:
- Beetroot could improve your digestion and aid in healthy bowel movement, thus managing constipation.
- Nitrates are present in beet helps to lower blood pressure.
- Beetroot is high in antioxidants and hence protects the artery walls and guard against heart disease and stroke.
- Beet does contain Vitamin C which is an antioxidant that helps boost your immune system and protect cells from damaging free radicals. It also supports collagen production, wound healing, and iron absorption.
- Beet is rich in folate, and hence aid in the optimal development of the fetus during pregnancy.
- Treats anemia. Beets are rich in iron, and the absorption of iron is better from beetroot.
- Beet helps to keep eyes healthy.
Remember beets are high in sugar hence eating in moderation is the key. If suffering from kidney stones then avoid eating beet and beet juice.
For good health, it is better to eat a diet that includes a wide range of food and nutrients.
Interesting ways to add more beets to your diet: soups, beetroot juice, salads, beetroot dip, etc.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!