If you’re someone wanting to shed kilos quickly, make the most of summertime!
16 Quick Tips to Lose Weight This Summer:
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water to beat dehydration this summer. Also, you can include coconut water, buttermilk, lime water, unsweetened ice tea, etc.
- Eat small frequent meals with lighter dinner. Never skip any meal, especially the 1st meal of the day i.e. breakfast.
- Fill your plate with veggies & summer fruits. Vegetables like cucumber, bottle gourd, eggplant, bitter gourd, etc are all foods that are very healthy and can promote weight loss and fruits like apple, fresh berries, melons, oranges, papaya, grapefruit, pineapple, etc.
- Choose complex carbs (whole grains, brown rice, ragi, oats, etc) over simple carbs, eat lean protein (lean chicken, fish, low-fat yogurt, skimmed milk, sprouts, etc) and add some good and healthy fats like omega-3 (flax seeds, walnuts, fish, olive oil, etc) in your diet.
- During summers there is slow digestion which can cause a gastric upset so, avoid all fried, processed, sugary, junk food.
- The preferred method for cooking should be boiling, grilling, steaming, baking instead of frying.
- Sleep well.
- Exercise daily for 30 mins at least not only for weight loss but it also helps to prevent health problems like cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, type II diabetes, etc.
- Avoid exercising outside when it’s too hot outside.
- Laugh it out. Stay happy.
- Get some sunlight for 10-15 mins for Vitamin-D.
- Limit the salt intake instead use herbs like garlic, ginger, cardamom, cumin, coriander, turmeric, black pepper, fenugreek, etc.
- Avoid taking stress. Try yoga.
- Avoid drinking sugary and aerated drinks.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
Happy summer! Stay Safe! Stay Healthy! Stay Fit!