This lockdown is a challenging time for everyone. Everyone is facing their own challenges at the moment be it worrying about relatives/ family, home-schooling, parenting a newborn, job tension, etc.
Lockdown is stressful, tips to stay healthy, happy during a lockdown:
- Eat healthy, nutritive homemade meals. Good nutrition is always important for healthy life hence eat good food for staying healthy in and out, for immunity, for hair, for skin (you are what you eat), etc. Eat more fruits and vegetables. Include complex carbs, lean proteins, low-fat dairy, and nuts and seeds. Don’t forget to stay well hydrated by drinking enough water and can include green tea, coconut water, buttermilk, etc. Avoid refined, processed, sugary, fried food. Instead prefer baking, grilling, boiling, and stir fir. Also, limit the salt intake in the diet instead use herbs like tulsi, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, etc.
- Get some sunlight for Vitamin D and to uplift our mood.
- Stay active as physical exercise is a stress buster. It will help to lift your mood, boost your immunity, and help in many other ways too.
- Stay connected to your family and friends via calls, texts, etc.
- Learn something new at home that can make you feel good and happy by joining online classes like playing guitar, online dance classes, cooking different healthy homemade meals, etc.
- It’s OK not to feel OK. Feeling depressed or stressed then reach for help be it your doctor, family, friend.
- Keep informed but limit your time on social media and on reading/watching the news.
- Be kind to yourself and others.
- Sleep well.
- Stressed then remove some time for prayers or yoga.
- Quit smoking and avoid alcohol/ alcoholic beverages.
With some simple changes to your daily routine, such as getting enough sleep, eating well, exercising, and keeping in touch with friends/ family, you can boost your mood and stay healthy. Stay Healthy Stay Safe!